Monday 23 April 2012

BCN Challenge 2012



Last year, James and I competed in the BCN Challenge with a bunch of other crazy boaters, attempting to navigate around as much of Birmingham's 100 miles of waterways as possible in 24 hours (30 hours in total with a 6 hour rest stop). It was brilliant fun, despite the 3am start on the Sunday morning and ever since, we've been keen to do it again this year -on the 2nd and 3rd June. Last year, we hired the Large Northwich Yeoford, which was very successful - it sleeps 12 in fairly basic but comfortable accommodation and it is a lovely old boat. We hope to hire it again this year, and are looking for crew - at least 9 more needed! It cost about £50 each for the boat hire, and we all clubbed together for food, making it not only a great weekend of boating, but a fairly cheap adventure too. Anyone keen, do get in touch!


Photo - T Lewis


twitter // facebook // email // follow // any questions?

9 comments:

  1. Amy,
    That's a great offer - I have emailed you.
    Jim (Starcross)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a wonderful offer - if only we could be in two places at once!

    Have a great time - we'll look forward to the blog!

    Sue, nb indigo Dream

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But you've got far more exciting things to be doing - her majesty is relying on you!

      Delete
  3. It crosses my mind that this boating malarkey really is getting under my skin as I seriously considered offering you my services as galley slave for the event. Andy can't accommodate me as his previous crew are assembled and I have a fair to attend (business launch, exciting stuff!). Sincerely hope you get your crew and that we actually get to meet this time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorely tempted, just need a few days to think about it, whatabout acommodating a dog too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know about dogs, would have to ask the hire company. If you are keen, let me know and I'll contact the company. No hurry to decide!

      Delete
    2. ~Same Question about the Dogs;

      Delete
    3. Dogs are welcome, apparently!

      Delete